- cognos tm1
IBM Planning Analytics is a powerful solution for financial and operational performance management – based on the super-fast in-memory technology from IBM Cognos TM1. Regardless of whether your business needs five users or several thousand, the solution can cover every need. And the flexibility also applies whether your business is dreaming of a cloud-based solution, or hosting in a data centre or in a dedicated environment. In short: IBM Planning Analytics is scalable, fast and adaptable.
Spend an hour with one of our consultants who specialise in corporate performance management. Let us together look at the opportunities that await you – naturally based on your particular organisation.
choose the right tool
for the right task
We well know that most employees in the finance department love Excel. Here at Inspari we also love Excel for many (small) matters. But the thing is the more times you have to do the same task in Excel the more value you will get from breaking away from Excel. Especially in relation to budgeting and forecasting. Excel is powerful for ad hoc tasks such as small inventories and analyses. Budgets, on the other hand, repeat themselves, so why not optimise the process and input the budget into IBM Planning Analytics? When you do this you will see how you can optimise your time consumption and resources as part of the budget process.
Maybe you are considering the budget solution for your ERP system, or perhaps you are dreaming of continuing to use Excel, which you are used to and love? Consider using IBM Planning Analytics as your dedicated budget tool.
budgeting and forecasting
using a single tool
The starting point for any investment in software must be a human need. You should thus take a look at IBM Planning Analytics, because you will see a chance to optimise existing processes in relation to automation and optimisation – not because the tool is smart.
We therefore always look at these three parameters when talking software with our customers:
/People – needs and skills within the organisation
/Data – optimisation and structuring of existing data
/Business – the solution’s goals in the form of business value
Our experienced team of consultants can ask the right questions, so you get sound input on whether your organisation is ready for a powerful budgeting and forecasting tool.
matches your needs?
Together we can create a IBM Planning Analytics solution to suit your business, e.g.:
IBM Planning Analytics: The clean cloud solution with integrated Watson technology for Predictive Analytics
TM1 Cloud: full financial and operational performance management without the analytics component
TM1 on-prem (in dedicated environment or in a data centre): full financial and operational performance management without analytics in a physical installation
5 good reasons for
ibm planning analytics
The powerful backbone in the form of the TM1 engine gives you super-fast answers to highly complex questions, e.g. which drivers are critical to your company’s success and when a forecast is available to all users via relevant channels, e.g. web and mobile devices. Here are five good reasons for using IBM Planning Analytics (Cognos TM1):
- Efficient and improved budgeting process in an intuitive tool, using fewer resources across the organisation
- Excellent overview by virtue of the integration between budget and realised data from the company’s systems
- Improved management communication thanks to a unique, up-to-date and easily accessible decision-making base
- Continuous development of the budget tool without internal IT
- Constantly updated systems located in the cloud, with access both from mobiles and online
good advice regarding
the implementation phase
The passion and level of ambition can sometimes overtake the reality of everyday life. That’s why you're getting some good advice here on implementation of new tools, so you can ensure that a new budgeting and forecasting solution won’t turn into an IT project, but rather a needs-driven one.
- Make sure everyone who is to use the solution realises its purpose. Confidence in data quality is crucial to success.
- Automate processes in small steps. Start with the most important processes and ensure they are running before you take the next step.
- Prioritise time and resources for user adoption. If the finance department loves the new solution but the input providers don’t want to use it, then you won't get the full value from it.
- Use the tools and data you already have available. If you already input HR data into a single system, then invest your resources in reusing data.
- Evaluate in what detail you wish to automate and budget. Set realistic goals to suit your organisation.
book a non-committal
meeting or call
Thank you for visiting inspari.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if we may be of any help to you. Just send us your contact information in the form to your right, and we will call you back as soon as possible.